New Album Now Available!
"Songs of Dignity & Grit"
Daniel Barrett - Producer
I decided on Dan as producer a year ago based on the fact that every album I'd heard from people I know personally who did their album with him, well it sounded like that person. He's good at bringing out the honest, authentic you in your records and that's what I had been searching for. Both of us are extremely proud of this album and can't wait for you to hear it! Get to know Dan more!
1. What's your connection to the album?
2. How do you know Julie?
3. What other bands/projects are you working on?
Ruthie Foster, Patton Sparks, Jana Pochop, Joe Vitale, my son's Thomas The Train Halloween costume
4. (Optional) if you have a favorite track of the album, please list it here:
All a dem
5. What is your musical background? How did you get into music?
Subway (Not the restaurant. I don't know Jared. Especially now. Trains...)
6. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money?
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood Sugar Sex Magik
7. What are music are you listening to RIGHT NOW?
Porterdavis- unreleased work in progress
8. Tell me something people would be surprised to know about you...
Not much. I'm an open book. I watch CBS Sunday morning every week and usually tear up at some point.
9. If your life had a sound track, name a few songs or artists that would be on it.
Julie Nolen- Piss and Vinegar
Patton Sparks- Telephone Call
Thomas the Train- Really Useful Engine
10. What does "dignity & grit" mean to you?
Take it easy, but take it.