New Album Now Available!
"Songs of Dignity & Grit"
Double click to insert body text here...
1. What's your connection to the album?
Julie asked me sing a few background vocals on her record.
2. How do you know Julie?
I have no idea. Did you ask her? I’m gonna say it was alcohol, music and a generally dissipated lifestyle that connected us.
3. What other bands/projects are you working on?
Barbara Nesbitt Band (original Americana stuff) is my main focus, but I also sing with Tim Flannery (3rd Base Coach for The Giants) fairly often
4. (Optional) if you have a favorite track of the album, please list it here:
I kinda love Raise Hell
5. What is your musical background? How did you get into music?
I ran away from home at 15 and joined a band. They’re still looking for me! I learned how to sing stage, and over the years have developed my own writing and singing style
6. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money?
Blondie - The Tide Is High
7. What are music are you listening to RIGHT NOW?
8. Tell me something people would be surprised to know about you…
I am an award winning pilot and majored in Aeronautical Science when i (finally) went to college
9. If your life had a sound track, name a few songs or artists that would be on it.
Darth Vader’s Theme. Feeling Good by Nina Simone. Good Feeling by The Violent Femmes. Optimistic Voices from The Wizard of Oz.
10. What does "dignity & grit" mean to you?
That phrase resonates with me in a big way. It’s strength without white washing anything. It’s honesty and rawness. It’s not fearlessness, but bravery. Me like.
I knew from the very first crass thing I ever heard Babs say, that I would love her til my dying day. Hey that rhymes! That's going in our vows, Babs. Love you. And your cats. Barbara is smart, a smartass and a very talented singer and songwriter, not to mention a beaut!!! CHECK HER OUT!